May day bank holiday weekend got off to a warm start with plenty of sunshine. Today we took a trip out to our friends Michelle and Dave's and took Spritz with us. Decided to make the most of the day and go for a walk as rest of weekend not forecast too good. Took a trip out to Harsthills Hayes just the other side of Nuneaton. Unfortunately Dave couldn't make it as he was on call at the hospital which was a shame as we would have enjoyed his company, so it was just Jon, Michelle, Spritz and I. Was a lovely walk through the blue bells and woods. The cherry blossom smelt wonderful. We spent some time admiring the view from the hill which we have been to on a few ocassions with various people and everybody seems to enjoy the place. I liked seeing the shadows of the clouds on the landscape below. We were all rather fascinated by the bees pollenating the cherry blossom it was really fun trying to watch Jon try and snap a picture of them and every time he pointed the camera they would buzz off and there was me shouting "there's one ! There's another one ! Excitedly and annoyingly to Jon. Nature does that to me ! :-) We also had a little walk down buy the canal where people seemed to be having fun and enjoying themselves some youths on a dingy with a dustbin lid floating next to it with there lunch. There's innovation for you. There was a man on guitar and a boat load of party goers on a canal boat giving us the ceremonial wave as they went by.
We got Michelle back home and left Spritz with her for the evening as Michelle and Dave are looking after her as a pre amble to our holiday. I hope Spritz behaves herself. Its been quiet lonely this evening without her.
Also this evening we went out to a bit off a BBQ and birthday party for our friends Teresa and Maxs son's which was rather pleasant. I piged out with the chocolate fountain and had a little drink. They had a nice fire burning in the garden which we where very welcome for as the night time was rather cool and I always enjoy a fire. We have arranged to go Ice Skating on May Day so something else to look forward to all thou I'm getting rather tired now and it's only April. A few nights in on our own next week will be a must just before the hols as I've all the washing packing and ironing to do. Ironing not looking forward to I hate it or rather not much good at it as I tend to get tram line on the trousers and double creases in the shirt sleeves. Then again as it's gonna get creased anyway just might as well shove it in and do it as we need it when we get there.
1 comment:
Sounds like you had a lovely time..hope you're getting nicely excited about your hols...have a lovely time.
Seems that the weather is holding good for us here today, just off to the maypole and the sun is shining
; ) The TJ
Post a Comment