
Rather a mundane Monday hard to follow the weekend. Our normal afternoon walk nothing special today just to the shop to get provisions for tea and a quick run around the green. Looked at the pile of washing up over the weekend and thought I better get stuck in before I start and cook. Was glad I got it out the of the way before the good bits. I cooked a lasagne for tea. I don't consider cooking a chore as I really enjoy cooking. Have been told I am a good cook the plates are always left clean and I have quite a big repetoire of recipes in my head now. Talking of lasangne it is a great energy food I assume as one of my claims to fame is I waited on the Manchester United football team and that's what they had for there pre match lunch. Many a football fan envy me getting that close to the players not that I'm a football fan but I like the occasional kick around. Dinner turned out fine tonight only one disaster the plate of food I put out for Jon was stolen by Spritz. I wasn't well pleased with her but luckily enough I had made too much so not a total disaster. We now have a determined food stealer as this evening when I was making a ham sandwich the ham suddenly disappeared.
Not one of our most interesting walks tonight but was enjoyable as we went over to our friends and took their dog storm out with us she's getting on now her and Spritz get on and play really well. Just a walk through the marshes not the prettiest of places but the dogs enjoyed it. It can be interesting in the summer if you like insects and frogs and pond dipping but tonight just looked dull and stark to me. The ground is very black as it was originally a coal mine.
On the weather just as we thought winter had gone it seems to have come back to have another little bite with northerlies and frost forcast overnight. Jon had plants out so he as had to cover them with blankets tonight to protect the later harvest of green beans. On a good note we have had a fair amount of sunshine which is always nice.
Well thats my day not terribly exiting but my day and it did have its moments.
No comments:
Post a Comment