Thursday, April 6

The Weeping Willows


Took a pleasant riverside walk among the weeping willows at Longford Park this evening. Coventry as two rivers I think The Sowe and The Sherbourne. The Sowe not sure but I think it joins The River Avon at some point. Will have to get my ordance survey map out. A lot of the river runs underground I think through the City but where it becomes open there are quiet some pretty stretches in parts and The City Ccouncil have done a good job with clearing out the shopping trolleys tires and plastic bags which pop up here and there. Not a big river more a series of brookes and streams until it gets on a bit further. I like the stretch we walked this evening never done it before even thou I have lived here for 41 years. Amazing what you can find close to home if you are willing to go out and look. It was very pleasant in the evening sunshine and Spritz found another dog to play with. A few little weirs on this stretch so lovely to hear babbling water a treat in an urban environment such as Coventry even if it does get mixed in with the sounds of sirens and traffic. With a bit of imagination you can almost imagine you are somewhere else lost in the country somewhere.

After our long walk in the park went to our friends Teresa and Max's for a bit of birthday cake and Jon received a present for his birthday which was nice kind and thoughtful. Teresa never forgets being as her and Jons birthdays are only two days apart. This time last year we where all sitting having a meal over looking St Michels Mont in Brittany. Oh how the year as flown. Then after our visit a quick visit to my mums then homeward bound tired and wanting my bed.


No comments: