
After a long warm sunny day the hottest day so far this year we headed out to Allesley for our evening walk. Took a walk through the oilseed rape fields and to the summit of a hill the name I do not know yet, where I climbed the ordnance survey summit stone and surveyed the view. The oil seed rape had rather a very sweet smell to its like sweet honey and its the bright expanse of yellow that you see across some parts of the countryside. Slightly a different walk and scenery than what we normally do but variety is the spice of life or a box of chocolates as a lady friend of mine from a message forum would say. The evening was barmy shorts and teeshirt weather, tiring and thirsty so we didn't go to far. Spritz had fun lost her in the crops as you can see by clicking on the movie link.
No respite tonight very muggy and temps holding up above 15c. I've just been enjoying a nice piece of cool melon out of the fridge which is a treat on muggy warm nights. Also up watching the elections waiting for the Coventry results which seem to come in rather late into the night. Not going to say if I am pleased with the results or not as I don't do politics. Just going to say we are a lot more bluer tonight than in the past forty years of being red. ;-)
Jon as been out to the airport today to do a pre check and a pre run for the elderly folk who will be joining us in two weeks time. My mum also popped over earlier and bought me some sun glasses and travel sickness pills which will be much appreaciated. Only 5 days now and counting.
Evenings Pictures
Slide Show
Movie Link
No comments:
Post a Comment