
After a rather non plus Saturday and not being able to persuade Jon to take me to The Peaks, Sunday was the day that made the weekend. Spent some time at Jons in the garden and if the plants that he grows are anything to go by global warming is not to far away. Jon as managed to keep the banana trees, lemon tree and orange trees alive that I bought him as a birthday present a few years ago and the vine is abundant with grapes at the moment. More of a Mediterranean garden than a English garden. Jons nieces decided to come down from Nottingham today and visit their grandma so I was treated to a lovely lunch at The Bear Inn, In Berkswell which was very nice. The food was good and tasty if but a little expensive. The ambiance was very oldie worldly and the building very historical apparently.
After lunch it was time for our walk. As you might know if you are a regular reader the car as been playing up so not been able to venture far and we are running out of new places to explore in The City. While we where driving down The Kenilworth Road... Canley Ford caught my eye a place where I use to cycle through on my bike ride to Jons many years ago. So I suggested we have a little stop and walk. I was pleasantly surprised had forgot how much I use to enjoy cycling through The Ford. It's a bit of an urban oasis with a Lilly pond, meadow, running water, a few pieces of art and lots of trees. It's hard to believe two of the main artery roads through the city pass by either side. The Ford today seemed very popular with dog walkers , couples and family's. There were a few young family's there today having fun pond dipping with their fishing nets. We found a old tree to climb up and I found a rope swing to play on. As they say you are never to old to have fun. Spritz enjoyed herself frolicking through the long meadow grasses. A good Sunday.
1 comment:
Like the hole in the tree one, bet kids love to climb all the way through that if it's big enough
; ) The TJ
Post a Comment