Sunday, December 17

A Week Before Christmas

The week before Christmas.
I must say that the week before Christmas is a crushing experience. A part of me wishes not to be sucked in to the commercialism, the other,well, simply wants to enjoy the experience without forgetting what it is all about.

In my books, Christmas is about getting as far away from the runaway greed as possible. I hope to do this by keeping things as simple as I can, and offering as much help to those that need it.
Since the many trips to Birmingham, we have been thoughtful as to what to get our friends and family as gifts of our appreciation of their friendship. It’s difficult isn’t it! If I had the talent and time to make these things I would have done so ,but some will probably insist on presents with at least a little computing power on board, so you have to choose carefully.

The Dog gives us great pleasure and gets us out everyday... onto muddy stretches (reminds me – must get some waterproof boots), so she will be getting the laptop she wanted, no seriously she’ll probably be allowed to watch “One man and his Dog” ( loves to smack into the telly when sheep are being rounded up).

It seems the dog has a taste for anything in white, so it wouldn't surprise you to learn that Paul's Mum's furry snowman had to be rescued.

Our Dog Spritzer has introduced us to many new muddyf ootpaths, with interesting people and their interesting pets, most recently a Goshawk out hunting with its owner(check out the photos).

Well time to find a branch and hang bacon on it, possibly allow myself a few sprigs of holly.
Have fun everyone,
and remember excesses in this life always need to be paid for!
xx
Jon
Week Before Christmas Photos

Week Before Christmas Slide Show


No comments: