Sunday, June 25

Close To Home

Well another week gone that as seen a mixed bag of weather warm start , cool middle and warm sunny end. The week included our longest day. Its all down hill now light evenings wise to winter so it just makes us want to go out and and make the most of it while we can. Jon as been hard at work trying to make a few pennies for our trips and adventures. I've taken a bit more of the camera reigns this week and have been enjoying it. My photos are not so good as Jons mine are the blurry out of focus ones but I am learning as I go along. The magic of digital is no expensive film wasted while trying to get the right shot. I have started listening and downloading podcasts from the net using my itunes, and one of the podcasts is Digital Photography Tips From The Top Floor the program is very inspirational with good tips and assignments. A new episode comes out every Friday. I'm on catch up at the moment and have about fifty to go through so a lot of listening ahead. Another thing I would like to is try my hand at is processing, I have Photo Shop Paint and have found another excellent podcast called photoshop tv which is well worth the time downloading and watching once a week. The effects these guys can get out of the digital images is amazing and very clever.

We have not ventured far this week but being close to home and taking out the camera makes you appreciate more of what is close to home which is often missed when you are traveling distances. Also this week we have been taking a few macro shots which helps you appreciate the beauty in all things small which you miss with the camera normally facing in front and often to the sky. Spitz loves to get out and about with us and is still enjoying her walks and obedience classes. The photos this week include her favorite place where she likes to paddle through the water and rummage through the very long summer grass and deep hedgerows.

We had a lovely walk through Bunsons Wood this evening which is very close to home. A nice walk. The bluebells have all gone now and been replaced with luscious fern and the intense beautiful smell of honeysuckle. One day soon in the future perhaps we will have smelly vision but till then one will have to just imagine for a moment the wonderful aromas of the wood.

Well that's about it for now. Happy traveling ! Good Wallkies ! Happy Snapping and have a good week.

Link To This Weeks Photos

Photo Slide Show

1 comment:

Just teejay said...

Think I'd agree that taking a camera out with you makes you more observant..know it does me.I've megga tones to learn yet but getting there....err,umm,found out ba accident how to make a video clip with my camera today but now trying to remember how I did it,lol

; ) The TJ